Awhile back I decided to give memories and experiences as gifts instead of a physical item. This year for Valentine’s Day I decided to gift a "PJ pancake breakfast" to my family. I got both boy’s valentine’s day jammies and my husband a griddle. I even made a balloon arc to dress up the table and make it a little more special for Aiden. We made chocolate chip pancakes (two of Aiden's favorite things in one). What you will need:
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup almond milk (or we use Ripple)
- 3 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- cooking spray for the griddle
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Pinch of Cinnamon
- Maple syrup, for serving (optional)
- In a large bowl, whisk together both flours, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the applesauce, almond milk, egg whites, oil, cinnamon and vanilla. Stir the flour mixture into the applesauce mixture.
- Heat a large nonstick griddle over medium-low heat. When hot, lightly spray the pan with oil. Scoop out 1/4 cup of pancake batter for each pancake, then sprinkle 1 teaspoon of chocolate chips on top. Cook until the pancakes start to bubble, and the edges begin to set, 1 1/2 minutes. Flip the pancakes over and cook the second side until golden, 1 1/2 minutes. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve will maple syrup (if desired)
The Boy's PJs Linked Below....